How to File for a U.S. Spouse Visa

States and bring your U.S. Spouse (who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) to join you here. Spouses qualify for the spousal visa based on their relationship to the petitioners.

There is no guarantee that you will be approved for this visa. When it comes to applying for a U.S. spouse visa, the process can be a little bit difficult. Especially if you are not from the U.S. You will need to prove that you are in a loving relationship with your American fiancé. You will need to show that you are willing to work hard and sacrifice so that you can move to the U.S.

You may think you do not qualify, but if you are married to a U.S. citizen, you can file for a U.S. spouse visa, which allows you to work in the United States without a job offer or sponsor.

In this blog, we are going to be discussing the entire process of filing for a U.S. spouse visa, including what you need to know, how to get approved, and what happens if you are denied.

What are the requirements for a spouse visa in the USA?

You must be a CR1/IR1 visa holder or U.S. citizen legal permanent resident (green card holder) to help your spouses come to the United States by sponsoring and filing paperwork on their behalf.

How to Successfully Apply for The U.S. Spouse Visa

In order to qualify for a U.S. spouse visa, you must apply for a K-1 visa in addition to the I-130 petition. You must also file a petition requesting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) approve your K-1 petition.

The basic steps to obtain a green card are: Fill out a form called an I-130 or an application for a K-1 visa, Get your passport, and Obtain approval from the U.S.

Start by filing a form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will file a Petition on your behalf. After USCIS approves the petition, you will be eligible to obtain an immigrant visa from a consulate in your home country.

What documents do you need to file for a U.S. spouse Visa?

To file for a U.S. Spouse visa you must submit these documents:

Require Documents:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Passport-size Photo of you and your spouse
If you or your spouse change name after marriage,
  • Evidence of name changes
If you or your spouse divorced,
  • All divorce decrees
  • or Annulment decrees
If you or your spouse’s previous husband or wife died,
  • Death certificates

After completing the I-130 form you need to prove yourself.

Require Documents:

If you are the U.S. Citizen,
  • S. Passport
  • S. Birth Certificate
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Naturalization certificate OR
  • Certificate of citizenship
If you are the U.S. Citizen,
  • Form I-551 (Green Card)
  • Foreign passport
  • Evidence of permanent residence

What you should know about File for a U.S. Spouse Visa

Spouses of U.S. citizens often seek to come to the U.S. to live with their spouses. The visa application process is simple and requires only a few documents. However, the U.S. immigration system is complex, and there is a lot of paperwork involved for spouses of citizens of all nationalities, which can cause confusion and stress for those hoping to come to the U.S. as a spouse of a citizen. If you married for less than 2 years then your spouse gets the permanent resident on a conditional basis.

U.S. Visas for Same-Sex Spouses

In November 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states could not ban same-sex marriage. This decision was a huge step forward for the LGBT community. On January 6, 2015, President Obama announced that the Department of Homeland Security would begin accepting applications for same-sex spouses and their minor children to be granted lawful permanent residence in the United States.

Why would a spousal visa be denied?

While there is no specific reason why your spouse could be denied a visa, here are a few possible reasons:

  • If you are in a conflictive relationship
  • if you or your spouse is forced into marriage
  • If Your partner has already been refused a visa in the past
  • If your relationship has been deteriorating for some time

How long does it take to get a spousal visa for the USA?

Normally you need two months to get a US spousal visa. If you are applying for the first time, it may take longer than 2 months. It can take up to 3-6 months to get a US spousal visa for the second time.

Which is faster U.S. fiancé visa or a spouse?

Normally you need two months to get a US spousal visa. If you are applying for the first time, it may take longer than 2 months. It can take up to 3-6 months to get a US spousal visa for the second time.

There are many resources on the Internet to assist you offers a website that has everything you need to apply for and pass the exam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.