This article explains how to set up iMessage on the iPad. Instructions apply to devices with iOS 8.1 or later. And Click link | How to Hide Messages on an iPhone Detail:
How to Set up iMessage
To set up iMessage on iPad, you’ll need to make a few changes in the Settings app. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap Settings (gear icon) from your iPad’s home screen.
- Scroll down and tap Messages.
- Ensure the iMessage switch is turned on (green).
- If prompted, log in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Send & Receive to configure how others can reach you on iMessage.
- You’ll see available phone numbers and email addresses by which people can reach you via iMessage. Tap the phone numbers and email addresses you want to use to receive messages.
- You’ll need to check at least one destination on this screen.
Be sure any phone numbers that aren’t yours are unchecked, so family members don’t receive messages meant for you.
You’ve set up iMessage and can now use the Messages app to keep in contact with your friends and family without needing an iPhone.
How to Send More Than Just Text in an iMessage
You can send more than just text in an iMessage. Here are some examples of what you can do:In a new message, tap the heart with two fingers to draw a message to a friend.
- Tap the Apple Pay icon to send money via iMessage.
- Tap the Photos icon to attach pictures and movies from your Camera Roll, and tap the Images icon to send animated GIFS.
- Tap More to see even more options for sending a message via iMessage.
Was this page helpful?