Covid-19 has a substantial impact on mental health issues. Coronavirus deaths, loss of near ones, and prolonged stay at home are the various issues that cause mental health issues. It has affected mental health in a wrong way. But many families and individuals do not even recognize these issues. Even if some do, they do not have so much money to visit the therapists. Therefore, many mental healthcare professionals have come up with the idea of an app where they can directly reach many stores with anxiety and depression-suffering patients.
Anyone can download the app, check out the various features and services it offers, and if they need more personalized help, they can get in touch with the therapist for a one-to-one talk. In this article, you will learn about the various trends of mental health apps and their development. So, you can hire a developer from a Healthcare software development company who can help you build a mental health app.
The trends of the mental health app are categorized in the following sections:
Self-management apps- in this type of app, the user takes charge of the whole problem-solving path and shares all the details with all the information that it needs to set up reminders, medication, stress, sleeping disorders, managing stress as per the app setting and the tips. Moreover, you can connect the app with all the wearable devices, like it measures heart rate, blood pressure, and sleeping cycles.
Improvement of cognitive skills- it is a type of skill app that helps upgrade thinking skills. It is handy for people who suffer from depression, like post covid syndrome. The apps even improve concentration and memory with special exercises.
Illness care and management- the apps will aim to connect with the patient with the help of a healthcare provider, and they can counsel the patient, check the progress, propose better treatment options or even administer urgent care. In addition, you will get a diary option with reminders and notifications. Patients can record symptoms with medication, treatment effects and progress through a mood tracker and keep up with health stats.
Symptom tracker- with the help of this tracker helps to collect the users’ data like behavioural patterns, sleeping cycles, social interactions and physical activity. The app offers the extra care and attention the patient needs to get urgent attention.
You May Also Like: Best Yoga Apps
Features of mental health apps
- Self-monitor- Self-monitoring is helpful because it tracks the person’s overall well-being and mental health issues. It is a feature that one can easily record good mood patterns, meals, symptoms, thoughts, feelings, and activities.
- Diary- It comes with a diary feature which helps the patients to express and even record their thoughts and even give the space to write all the outburst of their emotions. In addition, the drawing and typing features must be there to e press the feelings.
- Audio and video content- add content on the app with audio and video content. If you do not need any urgent therapy or session help, you can read or watch these contents to avoid negative thoughts and props per your life for the better.
- Smooth interface- the app must have easy navigation and smooth UI and UX design so patients can quickly move from one section to another.
- Notification- the app must send notifications to the users so that they stay in connection with the app and always come back to check their mental status.
- Signup- the registration to these apps needs to be simple and fast so that the users can quickly sign up, giving the best facility to access the app soon.
If you desire to build a mental healthcare app, then it is time to contact the Software development company and talk with the team to let them know what you want and the budget to design the app. Then, accordingly, design and launch the app in the market.